About Me

My photo
My name's Jen. This is the place where I share my love of art with the world. Please stay a while, and leave a comment if you wish :)

Monday 4 February 2013

Remember me...when this you see

A few birthdays ago, my Mom gave me the most thoughtful gift, one that I have kept and will treasure for a long time. It was a decorative box filled with folded slips of paper, and on each piece she had hand written a memory that we had shared together. Some were happy, some sad, I laughed at a few and we talked for hours after I opened all of them. Every once in a while I look at them and remember all that we have been through, and I am grateful that she is still with us.
Both of my daughters are graduating from school this spring, the younger one from college and the older one from university. I want to make them both a very special card to commemorate their time away at school and all that we have been through over the past four years!
I decided on a Box Card held together with a belly band. The card is flat when closed, then opens into a box to reveal several punched shapes, or 'tags', each with it's own hand written memory on it.
I experimented with the card construction and will post a tutorial on the Box Card in a day or two, once I get myself organized. I watched several different videos, and read different instructions on the construction of the card base, but opted to design my own which I am much happier with. I wrecked a couple of sheets of card stock, but I learned a lot and I will share to prevent you from wasting precious paper!
I opted for a vintage, 'grandma's old hat box feel' and used my new script background stamp on ivory card stock for the card flap and a floral background stamp for the liner. Both are stamped with Pumice Distress ink, and sponged with Vintage Photo Distress ink after distressing the edges with a distressing tool. That's a lot of distress!

The roses are made from a 1 3/4" circle, cut into a spiral then rolled using a quilling tool.



No comments:

Post a Comment