About Me

My photo
My name's Jen. This is the place where I share my love of art with the world. Please stay a while, and leave a comment if you wish :)

Monday 18 February 2013

Birthday Fishes...


Here's an oldie but a goodie! I was checking out the tutorial section at www.splitcoaststampers.com and found this technique - using hair gel for a textured card front. Here is how you do it: squirt (cheap) hair gel into a small zip lock style baggie, about 1/4 to 1/3 full. squeeze out the air and seal bag. I always tape the top of the bag to be sure it won't leak. You can add glitter and a few drops of re-inker to add color if desired. Stamp image onto card front, I stamped some greenery, then adhere the bag to card using Red Sticky Strip or other strong adhesive. Cover with a die cut top to reveal the gel bag and decorate in any theme you wish. It kind of makes sense to decorate using a sea creature, ocean or fish tank theme, but you could make it into any card your imagination comes up with. I'm not too sure I would mail this card, maybe hand delivering would be best, just in case you end up with a 'squirt your friend and make a sticky mess card' rather than a birthday greeting!!

The little bubbles that are trapped add to the effect :)

Found the punch art fish on Pinterest - I am obsessed!!


No comments:

Post a Comment