About Me

My photo
My name's Jen. This is the place where I share my love of art with the world. Please stay a while, and leave a comment if you wish :)

Sunday 20 May 2012

What do you think?

I just received an order from Stampin Up! which contained a new Whisper White Craft ink pad. The craft ink has a longer 'open' time so it's great for embossing as the powder will stick to it while embossing with a heat gun and it can be used for regular stamping so it does double duty. I noticed that the ink pad was made of foam rather than the hard fabric type I prefer. After reading the SU! website I discovered that they are switching all of their ink pads from fabric to foam. I have used foam ink pads in the past and find that they overload the stamp with ink and cause 'ghosting' because the ink gets all over the edges of the stamp.
I know Stampin' Up! would never introduce a new product without copious testing and consumer input, so with an open mind, I inked a stamp and tested it out. YUK!! I got ink everywhere even though I was very careful not to over ink. I've been practicing with it and can stamp with about a 50% success rate, but it is very frustrating and wastes a lot of paper. I would never use it to stamp directly on a card front and risk smudges and smears.  I emailed Stampin' Up! and let them know about my lack of success as did my SU! demonstrator. What do you think about this product change? Do you like foam or fabric? I would love to know your opinions.

1 comment:

  1. It took me a while to figure it out and once I did, I prefer the foam. I barely have to tap it to ink up and I love it! I have to admit, my SU Demo warned us before hand and even had a little tutorial at her home to show us how best to use it.

    ReplyDelete