About Me

My photo
My name's Jen. This is the place where I share my love of art with the world. Please stay a while, and leave a comment if you wish :)

Wednesday 4 April 2012

All in the Family - Family Portrait

This is the biggest card I've ever made! I was asked to make this 'family portrait' by a family friend and had a ball stamping, coloring and arranging all the little bits and pieces. It features one of my all time fav stamp sets, All in the Family by Stampin' Up! I also used Trendy Trees, Unfrogettable, Owl Together, Loads of Love and rolled the houses then cut them out using SU! jumbo roller wheel with the houses wheel stamp. I colored all the characters and elements using Prismacolor pencil crayon and odorless solvent. They have two dogs, Maggie and Toby who appear several times throughout the picture and I customized the characters to make them look more like the actual family. It kind of reminds of the "Where's Elmo?" books, but this is more like, "Where's Maggie and Toby the Dog!" Who says a card has to actually fit in an envelope??!!


2 comments:

  1. This was in pieces last Friday evening -- looks awesome put together -- what a lot of work! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete