About Me

My photo
My name's Jen. This is the place where I share my love of art with the world. Please stay a while, and leave a comment if you wish :)

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Card Party Invitations

Good afternoon all! I've been asked by a card makin' pal to design a very special 75th birthday card for her father. They plan to hold a card playing, (not making!) party and asked for design suggestions for the invitations. I gave it some thought and this is the design I came up with. It's a clean simple design, and the best part of it, I think, is the removable playing card which has all of the party details on the back! It could also be kept of a memento of the day or they could even be numbered and used as tickets to draw for any door prizes! I didn't have any denim paper, so I created my own by applying Stormy Sky and Broken China Distress inks in a direct to paper technique.  The plaid design is a large background stamp by Hero Arts (#S5447 Large Plaid Pattern), stamped in Timber Brown Stazon ink, but any decorative paper that would be suitable for shirt fabric would do. I added some buttons and some faux stitching using a bronze colored gel pen. Hope you have a great party, I hear that you are planning to have 150 people attend, what a fun time that will be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment