About Me

My photo
My name's Jen. This is the place where I share my love of art with the world. Please stay a while, and leave a comment if you wish :)

Monday 27 February 2012

Moon Glow Card

Hi everyone! The last full moon we had was a couple of weeks ago was beautiful, makes me think spring is finally around the corner. While I was looking at it, I decided to make a 'lumiere' card, and finally sat down today to make it. This is a fairly simple card to make, but the effect is dramitic.  I used a Spellbinder circle die to cut a hole in both the card base and the sky paper on the card front at the same time so the hole would line up perfectly.  I sandwiched a piece of vellum in between the layers to create the moon.  The card front is actually vanilla cardstock that has been heavily inked with Stormy Sky, Broken China and Faded Jeans Distress Inks by Ranger, using a blending foam and wooden block. I added some tree branches using Tim Holtz Mini Ornates Collection tree branch stamp using Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I used a silver gel pen and Diamond Stickles to create the stars, and stamped the sentiment which is by The Stamp Barn (#CHSH 090F) in black Stazon.  I stamped the sentiment on vanilla cardstock and lightly inked it Stormy Sky Distress Ink as it was too bright. Needless to say the tea light is battery operated, or it would have been a 'Burn the House Down Card' instead of 'Moon Glow Card'!! Sorry the pics are a little blurry, my camera didn't like the tea light!

No comments:

Post a Comment