About Me

My photo
My name's Jen. This is the place where I share my love of art with the world. Please stay a while, and leave a comment if you wish :)

Wednesday 25 January 2012

A Rose is a Rose

Good afternoon everyone! I had a late night card craftin' and experimented with punched flowers til 2:00 a.m., and made this distressed rose card. I was inspired by valitasfreshfolds.blogspot.com, Valita uses Stampin' Up!'s Owl punch to create roses and I've been itching to give it a try! I love using punches in a way they were not designed to be used and you would never suspect the petals of this rose where once little owl punch outs! It's made by punching 8 owl shapes, cutting off the little feet, splitting the head open and gluing it together to form a cup shape. Sounds gruesome! The inner part of the rose is a 2 3/8" scallop circle cut into a spiral and rolled up using tweezers or a quilling tool. I punched the rose out of patterned, off white, light weight card stock and inked with Fired Brick Distress ink. The background was once a box of Special 'K', which has been die cut with SU!'s Top Note die then embossed with an all over flourish pattern. After painting it with Sunflower acrylic paint, sanding and blending with Walnut Stain Distress ink one would never know it was once my fav breakfast cereal!

No comments:

Post a Comment