About Me

My photo
My name's Jen. This is the place where I share my love of art with the world. Please stay a while, and leave a comment if you wish :)

Friday 13 January 2012

Quilled Flower Thank You Card

First I have to give a 'shout out' to all my followers in Toronto!! Sorry I couldn't come to visit this time, but I promise to come for a visit this summer. I hear Alicia is interested in art, you go girl!!
Quilling has made a comeback, not that it ever left, but today's quilling can be modern and fresh as well as floral and Victorian. This little introduction to quilling card features a few key skills that are necessary to develop such as coiling and how to reproduce uniform shapes needed to create flowers and characters.
The flower on this card is made from 1/8" wide x 8" long strips of melon pink quilling paper, coiled then pinched into tear drop shapes. Those of you who will be joining me for an evening of card making (lucky ducks!), will also learn my secrets of how to make your own quilling board, tool and measuring gauge!

No comments:

Post a Comment