About Me

My photo
My name's Jen. This is the place where I share my love of art with the world. Please stay a while, and leave a comment if you wish :)

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Happy Lunar New Year!!

It's the year of the Dragon, and I'm  Dragon so this should be great year! I made and posted a card similar to this one a few posts ago with some homemade alcohol ink. This card is made using a large Martha Stewart Butterfly which I thought would make a good lunar moth.  I punched a moon and masked it off then inked the background with Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Faded Jeans and Dusty Concord Distress inks. The border is stamped with Hero Arts Flourish Tree using Walnut Stain Distress ink and the sky is speckled with a combination of Pewter Perfect Pearls and Diamond Stickles. It really sparkles against the dark background.
Happy Chinese New Year to everyone and may this year bring you health, wealth and happiness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment