About Me

My photo
My name's Jen. This is the place where I share my love of art with the world. Please stay a while, and leave a comment if you wish :)

Sunday 1 January 2012

Cross Stitched Santa Figurine

My mother collects cross stitched Santa figurines and she has a beautiful collection which has really taken a life time of needlework to create. I made this figurine for her this past Christmas and he has made wonderful addition to an heirloom collection. He stands 13" tall and is 3 1/2" at the widest point of the base. His beard and fur are stitched from fluffy wool floss, and the picture does not show it but he's crusted in beading and metallic floss. Cross stitch seems to have fallen out of favor amongst crafters lately, but I'm hoping for a resurgence! It is a wonderful, relaxing art form and if I can persuade anyone to try it or return to it, I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment