About Me

My photo
My name's Jen. This is the place where I share my love of art with the world. Please stay a while, and leave a comment if you wish :)

Friday 13 January 2012

Bookmark

Hey gang, just a quick post to show you all the bookmark we are making the night we do the Four Flower Card. It features Tim Holtz Distress inks in Broken Dishes, Peeled Paint, Fired Brick and Vintage Photo. It will give everyone a chance to get familiar with the new tools, blending techniques and 'water splotching'. I used a Sissix flower die to cut the felt flower and I learned a cool new way to add jute string to buttons with no knots or bulk behind the button that we can try. This bookmark is based on card by Jennifer McGuire, a designer for Hero Arts and Ranger, and was featured in her "Thinking Inking" course, which I really enjoyed.
I can't wait to share these new inks and card making techniques with you! We're in for a fun night!! For those of you who won't be able to join us, I'll post the pictures and maybe we can get together soon for a card night!

No comments:

Post a Comment