About Me

My photo
My name's Jen. This is the place where I share my love of art with the world. Please stay a while, and leave a comment if you wish :)

Thursday 29 December 2011

Holographic Embossed Snowman Card

This card features a technique I developed recently, embossing a colored stamped image over the entire surface with holographic embossing powder. Die cut a piece watercolor paper with any Spellbinder nesting die, I used Petite Ovals for this card. Stamp image with black Stazon ink, color with pencil crayon, blend with odorless solvent. Place die back over image, then pat Versamark ink all over surface. Remove die, then cover surface with holographic embossing powder, the die prevents the powder from going all the way to the edge and leaves a nice border. Heat with heat gun, be careful not to 'overcook' the powder or it could burn off completely. If this happens, replace die and recover image in more powder and reheat. Cool effect, the picture doesn't show the detail, but it was a hit this Christmas with my fellow card makers!

No comments:

Post a Comment